I’m passionate about Super Eagles – Joseph Yobo

first_img Promoted Content10 Amazing Characters We Wish Were Official Disney PrincessesWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?Birds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TruePink Pineapples Exist – In Case You Didn’t KnowThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowIs This The Most Delicious Food In The World?7 Of The Best Top Models From IndiaWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth? Newly appointed Assistant coach and former Captain of the Super Eagles, Joseph Yobo has said he was excited with the new position and he is ready to contribute positively to get the best out of the team. “I’m thankful to God for this opportunity, I’m super excited to be appointed as the assistant coach of the Super Eagles. “I’m passionate about the super Eagles and this new chapter of my life and the new challenge ahead and I can’t wait to get started.” the former skipper stated. Read Also:Breaking: NFF appoints Joseph Yobo as Super Eagles’ assistant coach Yobo was capped 101 times and represented the Super Eagles at three FIFA World Cups and six Africa Cup of Nations tournaments. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The former Everton defender was appointed as the assistant to coach Gernot Rohr by the NFF on Wednesday after relieving Imama Amapakabo of his duties with the team. Speaking via Brila FM on Thursday morning, Yobo said he is really excited and cannot wait to get started.Advertisement Loading… last_img read more

N.J. high school cancels football season over bullying

first_imgIn this Friday, Oct. 3, 2014 photo, members of the Sayreville Board of Education, seated left, hold a press conference at the Selover School in South Amboy, N.J., to address a hazing incident that “went too far” and is at the center of the investigation into the Sayreville War Memorial High School football team. (AP Photo/ Home News Tribune, Mark R. Sullivan)PARLIN, N.J. (AP) — A town that found encouragement in its winning high school football team after the devastation of Superstorm Sandy was left to absorb another blow Tuesday after school officials canceled the season over allegations of bullying, intimidation and harassment among players.School officials in Sayreville, childhood home of rocker Jon Bon Jovi, made the announcement Monday night during a meeting with the players’ parents. The district already had canceled and forfeited a game that was scheduled last week between Sayreville War Memorial and South Brunswick and announced that the Middlesex County prosecutor’s office was investigating the allegations.“There was enough evidence that there were incidents of harassment, of intimidation and bullying that took place on a pervasive level, on a wide-scale level and at a level at which the players knew, tolerated and generally accepted,” Superintendent Richard Labbe told reporters Monday night. “Based upon what has been substantiated to have occurred, we have canceled the remainder of the football season.”Labbe said he could not discuss the investigation, and the prosecutor’s office has declined to release details. No charges have been filed, but Labbe said Prosecutor Andrew Carey told him there is credible evidence to back up the allegations of bullying and harassment within the program.Sayreville sits next to the Raritan River and just inland from the Raritan Bay, site of devastating flooding from Sandy in October 2012. The town was one of those targeted by the state for a buyout program, and demolitions began earlier this year to improve flood protection.Football was a constant through the storm’s aftermath, and the school has won three sectional titles over four years. The news of this season’s cancellation hit students hard Tuesday.“The football team is, like, the whole school,” senior X Ali, 17, said. “It’s big. Everybody likes going to the games.”Asked what he would do now on football game days, Ali replied: “I don’t know what I’m going to do. Just hang out, I guess.”Several students expressed disappointment and, in some cases anger, at Labbe’s decision.Sam Morris, 15, said he plays on the junior varsity team and would normally have been in pads and on the field Tuesday afternoon. Instead, he faced a wall of microphones and cameras as he walked across the street in front of the school. Morris said he hadn’t seen any of the conduct referred to by the superintendent and said players on the team were “upset, angry, annoyed.”“I understand it’s his decision, but he went a little too harsh on this one,” Morris said.Kishan Patel, a 17-year-old senior, said a lot of students expressed support for the football players during classes and said many felt the alleged incidents were “blown out of proportion.”“It’s all people were talking about all day. … Everybody’s got the football players’ backs,” Patel said.Corinne Kalev, whose daughter attends the middle school adjacent to high school, said football is a big part of fall for the town.“I think the parents might be more upset than the kids, because this might be these kids’ future,” Kalev said. “Some of them are really good players and it seems like because of a couple of kids, the whole team is being punished.”Labbe said Monday he was sending a message with his decision.“We need all of our student-athletes, all of our students, heck, all students in the state, in this nation, to understand that the one true way to stop bullying is for those bystanders to do the right thing and become up-standers and report to an adult or someone at an authority level of what is going on.”Also last week, an assistant football coach at the high school resigned amid allegations that he possessed steroids. Labbe said at the time that the allegations against the former defensive coordinator were the focus of a separate investigation and were not related to the cancellation of last week’s game.last_img read more

SEA Games: PH adds silver to lawn bowls medal haul

first_imgLATEST STORIES LIST: Class, gov’t work suspensions during 30th SEA Games LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chief Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnesses SEA Games: PH’s Alisson Perticheto tops ice skating short program Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC CEU Scorpions ‘overachieved’ despite loss to Cignal in finals UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games PLAY LIST 03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games05:25PH boxing team determined to deliver gold medals for PH00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics00:50Trending Articles01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games03:04Filipino athletes share their expectations for 2019 SEA Games02:25PH women’s volleyball team motivated to deliver in front of hometown crowd01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Read Next The Philippines also scored a gold in the men’s fours and a silver in the women’s fours events on Thursday.Brunei won the bronze in women’s triples.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout The Philippines got another medal from lawn bowls in the 2017 Southeast Asian Games, this time a silver in women’s triples event.Hazel Jagonoy, Rosita Bradborn, and Vilma Greenless settled for the silver, the country’s third podium finish in the sport, after losing to host Malaysia in the final. ADVERTISEMENT WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding View commentslast_img read more

10 months agoRB Leipzig willing to sell Everton target Augustin

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say RB Leipzig willing to sell Everton target Augustinby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveRB Leipzig are inviting offers for Jean-Kévin Augustin.RMC says RBL are putting the striker up for sale ahead of the January market.Augustin is a top target for Everton boss Marco Silva, which are prepared to offer €40m for the youngster.Everton’s interest sparked angry denials from RBL, but they’re now willing to sell.Augustin, 21, is tied to RBL until 2022. last_img read more

Meet Us at SMM in Hamburg

first_imgzoomImage by WMN In just one week, the Who’s Who of the maritime industry will meet in Hamburg, Germany for the biennial SMM maritime trade fair, taking place on September 4 – 7, 2018.SMM will open its gates next week to welcome 2,289 exhibitors and around 50,000 visitors from more than 124 countries, displaying and discussing the latest developments in maritime technology. The four-day event is preceded by an inaugural international conference, the Maritime Future Summit (MFS), on September 3, 2018, one day before the exhibition opens.Under the motto of “Trends in SMMart Shipping”, the event will occupy 13 exhibition halls of Hamburg Messe und Congress (HMC) and focus on all the top items on the industry’s agenda.For the first time there will also be a special exhibition on 3D-printing for the maritime industry, as well as a new theme route for the Cruise & Ferry segment. A comprehensive conference programme will accompany the four-day fair, with Smart Shipping and Industry 4.0 taking center stage.As appropriate for the age of the digital revolution and the maritime energy turnaround, this year’s SMM will put its main emphasis on digitalisation and the environment.Novelties at the event will include 3D printing, Cruise & Ferry Route, future-looking topics, cybersecurity, job exchange, new countries and ship-owning companies with the TradeWinds Shipowners Forum taking place at SMM for the first time.World Maritime News team will also be attending this year’s SMM event. For more information please contact:Dzenita Cama, WMN Account Manager, [email protected] and Erna Penjic, WMN Editor, [email protected]last_img read more

Ohio State mens basketballs Aaron Craft named Academic AllAmerica player

Ohio State junior guard Aaron Craft was chosen as the Academic All-America Team Member of the Year for Division I men’s basketball by Capital One Thursday. Craft, a native of Findlay, Ohio, is a nutrition major who has plans to go on to medical school. He holds a 3.92 GPA. He was named to the Capital One Academic All-America for the second consecutive year, and also received the NCAA Elite 89 Award for highest GPA at the 2012 NCAA Tournament Final Four. The award is given to student-athletes who are either varsity starters or key reserves with at least a 3.30 cumulative GPA. The athletes must also be at least a sophomore in both athletic and academic standings and be nominated by their sports information director. The athlete is then selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America, a 2,800 member national organization made up of public and media relations and communications professionals in all levels of U.S. and Canadian college athletics. Craft leads the Buckeyes in steals with 51 this season. He also holds OSU records for steals in a season with 98 and for assists in a game with 15. This season, he averages 9.2 points, 4.6 assists and two steals per game. Craft has played an average of 33 minutes per game, second only to the Buckeyes’ lead scorer, junior forward Deshaun Thomas. Craft has also been named to the Big Ten’s All-Freshman Team (2011), a third-team All-Big Ten selection (2012), the Big Ten All-Defensive Team twice (2011, 2012) and was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year for 2012. He also earned the Big Ten Sportsmanship Award for 2012. OSU currently holds a 19-7 record and is ranked No. 18 by the AP poll. The Buckeyes are set to play Michigan State Sunday at 4 p.m. at the Schottenstein Center. read more

New Plymouth Argyle fullback approves deal on Wedding day

first_imgThey say one who finds a wife, finds a good thing and full-back Joe Riley can attest to that as he can now honeymoon in peace, knowing fully well that his future has been secured with a deal with Plymouth Argyle.Even though Riley has been on the losing side with Shrewsbury in the League One play-off final, we can say his wedding brought him lucks as he began talks with the Pilgrims when he was about to get married to his fiancee Kayleigh.“I had a quick check of my phone and I had a text off my agent saying Plymouth are interested,” he told BBC.Matt bring PL experience to Home Park as he joins club on loan Henry Ikenna Ugwu – July 30, 2018 Matt Macey has become the second goalkeeper to sign for Argyle this summer from Premier League clubs as he joins them on loan from…“I said ‘go for it’.When the 26-year-old was asked what was better on his wedding day – his nuptials or the contract offer from Argyle – Riley quipped: “It was a tough call.”‘I’m just happy to be here and hopeful that it can be a successful time,” he said of his move to Home Park.last_img read more

One person hospitalized after fiery crash on SR163 in Miramar

first_img KUSI Newsroom SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – A fiery multi-vehicle crash on state Route 163 near Miramar sent one person to a hospital Tuesday morning.The crash was around 8:05 a.m. on southbound SR 163, just north of state Route 52, California Highway Patrol Officer Jim Bettencourt said.Firefighters dispatched to the scene found one of the vehicles ablaze, according to San Diego Fire Rescue spokeswoman Monica Munoz, who said everyone was out of the vehicles when crews arrived.One patient was transported to Scripps Memorial Hospital for treatment of major injuries, she said.CHP officers closed the two right lanes of southbound SR 163 for the crash investigation and clean-up, Bettencourt said. September 18, 2018 One person hospitalized after fiery crash on SR-163 in Miramar KUSI Newsroom, Posted: September 18, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News, Traffic & Accidents FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

July Employment Sees 05 Percent Increase From Last Year

first_imgFacebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Alaska is slowly emerging from it’s longest (but not deepest) recession. The state saw another increase in employment by an estimated 0.5 percent in July, or 1,800 jobs, from July 2018. The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate fell to 6.3 percent while the comparable national rate remained at 3.7 percent. Alaska had 400 more federal jobs and 300 more state government jobs than in July of last year, with much of the growth coming from the Alaska Department of Natural Resources, the federal Bureau of Land Management and other agencies responding to a busy fire season. Job growth was widespread in Alaska’s private sector. Construction added the largest number of jobs over the year by 600, followed by oil and gas by 500.last_img read more