ERTE in 2nd B: is the remedy worse than the disease?

first_imgOn the one hand, those of the clubs. They fear committing a fraud of law. 70% of a temporary withdrawal from an ERTE is paid by Social Security, but the other 30% could pay their share, with consensus, through some type of compensation (they are not obliged to do so). The problem is that in order to run it, your template must be registered. And that is scarce. On the other hand, there are the soccer players. Most of them receive part of their salary in A and another in B, so the adjustments would be applied to their base and their income would be greatly reduced, having access to a minimum unemployment due to such a low contribution and without being able to justify the rest. Solution: clubs and players will have to negotiate. The focus is on the First and Second due to the uncertainty of knowing the effects that the crisis will have. But from a lower echelon, in Segunda B, Tercera and women’s football, it is where the consequences are being seen. At this time, more than a dozen 2ªB teams and 262 players are affected by the ERTE. According to union estimates, “up to 35% of the players will be left behind.” The problem is that not only footballers will be heathens. For some clubs the remedy will be worse than the disease. In Third, where contracts are scarce, we don’t even speak.The reason is simple. In Second B, where the cuts will be focused, the 1989 collective agreement has still not been renewed, the one in which the figures are still written in pesetas and the military is discussed. Since the ON Footballers’ complaint of this situation in November 2019, steps were being taken, not without problems, to start the negotiation. But this pandemic caused employers and unions not to sit down. So the staff is helpless and doubts come.last_img

first_imgOn the one hand, those of the clubs. They fear committing a fraud of law. 70% of a temporary withdrawal from an ERTE is paid by Social Security, but the other 30% could pay their share, with consensus, through some type of compensation (they are not obliged to do so). The problem is that in order to run it, your template must be registered. And that is scarce. On the other hand, there are the soccer players. Most of them receive part of their salary in A and another in B, so the adjustments would be applied to their base and their income would be greatly reduced, having access to a minimum unemployment due to such a low contribution and without being able to justify the rest. Solution: clubs and players will have to negotiate. The focus is on the First and Second due to the uncertainty of knowing the effects that the crisis will have. But from a lower echelon, in Segunda B, Tercera and women’s football, it is where the consequences are being seen. At this time, more than a dozen 2ªB teams and 262 players are affected by the ERTE. According to union estimates, “up to 35% of the players will be left behind.” The problem is that not only footballers will be heathens. For some clubs the remedy will be worse than the disease. In Third, where contracts are scarce, we don’t even speak.The reason is simple. In Second B, where the cuts will be focused, the 1989 collective agreement has still not been renewed, the one in which the figures are still written in pesetas and the military is discussed. Since the ON Footballers’ complaint of this situation in November 2019, steps were being taken, not without problems, to start the negotiation. But this pandemic caused employers and unions not to sit down. So the staff is helpless and doubts come.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *