New York plans 800-MW offshore wind auction by year’s end FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Offshore Wind Journal:New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said the state will hold its first offshore wind auction–for 800 MW–by the end of 2018.The New York State Energy Research & Development Authority (NYSERDA) will procure approximately 800 MW of offshore wind through a solicitation issued in Q4 2018, in consultation with the New York Power Authority and the Long Island Power Authority. Awards are expected to be announced in Q2 2019. If needed, a second solicitation will be issued in 2019.Through the solicitations, NYSERDA will procure offshore wind renewable energy certificates (ORECs) from awarded facilities. Each electric utility and other third-party suppliers of electricity serving retail customers in New York will support these new offshore wind resources through the purchase of ORECs from NYSERDA.The New York State Offshore Wind Master Plan announced earlier this year by Governor Cuomo will guide the state in the responsible and cost-effective development of 2,400 MW of offshore wind by 2030. The governor also directed NYSERDA to invest US$15M in clean energy workforce development and infrastructure advancement to train workers to support the growth of the offshore wind industry.In June, NYSERDA was awarded a US$18.5M Department of Energy grant to lead the National Offshore Wind Research and Development Consortium. This nationwide offshore wind research and development consortium will be supported through a public-private partnership including the offshore wind industry, utilities, research laboratories, and other states.More: Cuomo kick-starts New York offshore wind with 800 MW procurement
Madrid: Real Madrid gained a measure of redemption at the Camp Nou by holding Barcelona to a 1-1 draw on Wednesday and taking the upper-hand in the semi-final of Copa del Rey. Neither Lionel Messi nor Gareth Bale were named in the starting line-ups for this first leg but their replacements filled the void as Malcom’s curling shot cancelled out an early opener from Lucas Vazquez. After an impressive opening 20 minutes, Madrid were largely second best in a compelling, if unspectacular, Clasico but the result leaves them well-placed heading into the second leg at the Santiago Bernabeu on February 27. For Santiago Solari’s side, a resilient, gutsy display will also help erase the memory of their humiliation here in October, when they were thrashed 5-1, a result that caused Julen Lopetegui to be sacked the following day. “Comparisons are unhelpful,” said Solari. “But this result shows how hard the team is working.” Messi, who had been struggling with a thigh problem, and Bale, who faces a fight for place after recovering from a calf injury, both came on after the hour but neither could inspire a winner. Instead, it was Vazquez, and two youthful Brazilians that took centre stage. Vazquez scored but Vinicius Junior, the youngest Real Madrid player to feature in a Clasico this century, was his team’s greatest threat until the 18-year-old departed in the second half. Real Madrid were thrashed 5-1 in the previous Copa del Rey by Barcelona.Lionel Messi and Gareth Bale were missing in the first leg.Real Madrid will be looking to win at least one domestic competition in the 2018/19 season. highlights “I’m not surprised by how he plays because I’ve known him since he arrived,” said Solari. “But an 18-year-old boy playing and developing in this way, that is a surprise.” Malcom was just as unpredictable and in the end, it was the 21-year-old’s intervention that keeps Barca on level terms. “The tie is in the balance,” coach Ernesto Valverde said. “A draw is a fair reflection,” said Sergio Busquets. Barely 10 seconds had passed before Toni Kroos snapped into Ivan Rakitic, setting the tone for what was a dominant opening spell from Madrid. Vinicius led the way. He was fearless, full of imperfections and erratic decisions but delivering moments of clarity too when Madrid were at their most threatening. Benzema sets up Vazquez He jinked inside Nelson Semedo and teed up Kroos before producing the cross that created the goal, an arching ball over the head of Jordi Alba, which Karim Benzema tucked back for Vazquez to poke in. Rakitic and Philippe Coutinho were both careless in possession but Vinicius lacked precision to capitalise, first scuttling into Benzema and then misreading the Frenchman’s run. Barca had been just as frantic, with Luis Suarez even tripping over his own feet. But they improved and after half an hour, were in the ascendancy. Malcom missed a one-on-one and then became their best player for a period, crossing for Rakitic to head against the bar and teeing up Suarez to sting the hands of Keylor Navas. The home fans called Messi’s name at the start of the second half and when he jogged up the touchline shortly before the hour, they roared as if for a goal. They did that soon after too, after an equaliser of chaos and quality in equal measure. Navas rushed out to block Alba before Suarez curled a brilliant shot that beat the diving Sergio Ramos but not the post. It spilled to Malcom and he still had work to do, 20 yards out with white shirts in front. He found a gap. Messi came on, along with Arturo Vidal, Bale and Casemiro. Vinicius was among those to make way, his bright start fading with fatigue.Neither side seemed sure how much to commit for a winner. Messi twice weaved through but the best chance fell to Bale, who received from Benzema after Marc-Andre ter Stegen’s skewed clearance. The goal was open but Bale’s touch was heavy and Semedo made a crucial block. For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
Unikrn has made its first of two announcements that CEO Rahul Sood considers “the biggest deals of [his] career”, acquiring tournament platform ChallengeMe.GG.This acquisition is said to be a “multi-million” deal, and the teams from both companies have merged into one.Unikrn will use ChallengeMe.GG to offer skill-based betting experiences alongside “competitive and quickplay matchmaking, open lobbies, direct challenges, fully automated tournaments and ladders.” The platform is currently only open to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, though Sood plans to introduce titles such as Dota 2, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, and Rocket League sooner rather than later.Not only that, Unikrn are now seeding Unikoin Gold (UKG) tournaments that allows users to donate the cryptocurrency they’ve earnt, the platform will also add entry fees to increase tournament payouts. The company has added staff members in New York, Las Vegas, London, Signapore, Sydney, and Vietnam in the not-so-distant past, and plans to hire people in Berlin and Poland, too.Practically speaking, ChallengeMe.GG’s acquisition means Unikrn will be offering tournament betting with its blockchain technology across North America and Europe. Just last week, it was revealed that Unikrn – alongside PlayWire – entered a brand deal with the Sacramento Kings to represent its NBA 2K League, Kings Guard Gaming.Unikrn began working with ChallengeMe.GG in October 2017 where it hosted a tournament using a crypto prize pool, leading to weekly events and ladders being co-hosted by the companies. “If you’re wondering what part two is – strap in. It’s coming, and it’s a monster,” teased Sood in the announcement. Unikrn has previously acquired Pinion, DotaProHub, Vision IP, and LEET.Esports Insider says: This is seemingly a colossal move for Unikrn as the company looks to make its cryptocurrency, UnikoinGold (UKG), a staple in esports betting. We’re intrigued to see what it does with this acquisition, and look forward to seeing their so-called monstrous second announcement.