media captionThe story of the night so far… His campaign is also hopeful they still can take Arizona. What were the other key results? – Advertisement – In the early hours of Wednesday, Mr Trump announced from the White House that he had won and said he would take the election to the Supreme Court. The BBC projects Mr Biden won Michigan. US media forecast he has won Wisconsin. No result has emerged in Pennsylvania. What legal challenges are afoot? Latest updates: Biden takes MichiganDemocrats hopes of gaining US Senate dwindleUS election results in maps and chartsTables turned as Trump voters start to worry The Democratic challenger said his campaign was feeling “very good” about Pennsylvania. Winning all three of these Rust Belt states would make Mr Biden victorious. The Trump campaign is challenging vote counts in the critical states of Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan. The Trump campaign said the president would formally request a Wisconsin recount, citing “irregularities in several Wisconsin counties”. What are the campaigns saying? – Advertisement – Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said: “The fight’s not over. We’re in it.” Not so fast, said the campaign of Republican President Trump.
Jun 25, 2007 (CIDRAP News) – The World Health Organization (WHO) today confirmed two H5N1 avian influenza cases, one in a 4-year-old Egyptian boy and the other in a 3-year-old Indonesian girl.The boy is from Qena governorate in southern Egypt. He got sick on Jun 20 and was admitted to the hospital the next day, where he is in stable condition, according to a WHO statement.He is Egypt’s 37th H5N1 case-patient; 15 cases have been fatal. Egypt’s last two confirmed H5N1 cases, both in children, also occurred in Qena governorate.Initial investigation indicates that the boy was exposed to dead poultry, the WHO said. The test results were confirmed by Egypt’s health ministry, the country’s Central Public Health Laboratory, and US Naval Medical Research Unit 3 (NAMRU-3), which is a WHO reference laboratory.The Indonesian girl, from Riau province in central Sumatra, fell ill on Jun 18 and has since recovered, the WHO said. The source of her infection appears to be exposure to sick and dead poultry, the WHO said. Indonesia now has had 101 cases with 80 deaths.Azizman Daad, the avian flu team leader at a hospital in the Riau capital of Pekanbaru, said the girl was treated with oseltamivir (Tamiflu) as soon as she was admitted, Agence-France Presse (AFP) reported on Jun 23. She was to remain in the hospital for a week of observation, the report said.The two new cases boost the WHO’s global H5N1 total to 315 cases, with the number of deaths remaining at 191.See also: Jun 25 WHO statement on Egyptian patientJun 25 WHO statement on Indonesian patient
Radio NZ News 27 November 2017Family First Comment: “Residents were already gathering pictures of condoms and needles in their gardens, video of sex workers shouting as well as pictures of business transactions taking place in front of their homes.”Poor families – having to put up with a flawed law and pathetic support from police and council.Some Christchurch residents are dreading the summer as they expect street based sex workers to return to their neighbourhood.Residents in St Albans, a suburb just north of the central city, said, for the last six years, they had been abused, they had seen sex workers engaged sex acts in their backyards and they frequently saw condoms and needles littered across the driveways.Christchurch City Council had been grappling with how to deal with it, although last month it threw out a potential bylaw which would limit where sex workers could work, proposed by the residents and their lawyers.The council believed enforcement would not be practical – instead they opted for a community-led working group, backed by the police and the New Zealand Prostitutes’ Collective.But one resident, Matt Bonis, said he was sceptical it would change anything in the long run.The next stepChristchurch City Council voted for a community working group last month, partly due to the impracticalities it saw with the legal-framework and enforcement of a bylaw.But none of the sex workers RNZ spoke with said they had been spoken to by council staff, before it decided a community-based working group was the right approach.RNZ put this to the council, who confirmed no staff had been deployed to Manchester Street to consult with the sex workers directly prior to the council vote.The council’s head of strategic policy, Helen Beaumont, said there was no need to, as the focus was on the legal viability of a bylaw.“No, we didn’t speak to the sex workers, we used the Prostitutes’ Collective as their sort of union,” she said. “They have a very good understanding of the situation for the sex workers on the street, so they were able to provide that perspective to us.”Ms Beaumont said representatives from the working group would be sent out to Manchester Street in the coming weeks.READ MORE: http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/344834/chch-residents-expect-sex-workers-to-return