Dorothy A (nee Volz) Gorman, 102, passed away February 10, 2019. Born April, 10 1916 in Sunman Indiana, she was the daughter of Stella (Ross) Volz and Edward H Volz.In addition to her Husband Edward J Gorman, who preceded her in death in November, 1989, Dorothy was also preceded in death by her daughter Nancy Gorman Vandeusen on May 10, 2018.Dorothy is survived by her brother, Robert (Bobby) Volz, living in Milan, Indiana; by daughter Mary Gorman Gavin of N. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina; five grandchildren and seven great grandchildren.Her ashes will be brought to St Pius Cemetery at a future date this Summer.Online condolences can be made to the family at email@example.com
The Jamaican government will be inviting the 12 boys from a youth football team in Thailand, and their coach, who were recently rescued from a flooded cave to vacation in the island with all expenses paid.Minister of Tourism Edmund Bartlett said he “couldn’t think of a more appropriate gesture for these brave and extraordinary young men than to have them come and enjoy our beautiful island home. We will be using all our diplomatic channels through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade, also the Jamaican Honorary Consulate in Bangkok, Thailand, to try and make this a reality,” he said.All expenses paid vacation“This will be an all-expense paid vacation and something that we are happy to do as part of the international community and to show appreciation for the special friendship we have had with the people of Thailand over the years,” Minister Bartlett added.The 12 boys, aged 11 to 16, and their 25-year-old coach had been trapped in the Tham Luang Nang Non cave system since June 23.The world was transfixed by the daring rescue of the boys from the flooded caves, which was undertaken by a team of international divers from July 8 to 10.
Kawhi Leonard reportedly met with the Raptors on Wednesday, with helicopters following his every move, but the NBA star has yet to make a decision on his future. I can’t believe this is a thing on TV right now #KawhiWatch #WeTheNorth pic.twitter.com/slUuFoPG2c— Jeff Veillette (@JeffVeillette) July 3, 2019Many reports claim the earliest he’ll announce his pick is Friday. Breaking news:After very impressive meetings with the Toronto Raptors and others yesterday, reigning NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard and his team haven’t made a decision and there won’t any announcement TODAY. Enjoy the 4th of July #KawhiWatch— Cris Carter (@criscarter80) July 4, 2019— FS1’s Chris Broussard reported that Drake has been doing his best to keep Leonard in Toronto and added that his decision is between the Raptors and the Lakers.Kawhi Update: Raptors had strong meeting yesterday. Drake heavily involved. Talked of having Kawhi involved w/his OVO record label. Kawhi in deep soul searching. Wants Lakers but wants to make sure Big 3 will fit/work. Clippers out. It’s btwn Lakers & Raptors. Very close.— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) July 4, 2019— ESPN’s Tim McMahon tweeted that an “NBA player likely to be impacted by the Kawhi decision dominoes” told him Leonard is going back to Toronto.An NBA player likely to be impacted by the Kawhi decision dominoes texted me that he has heard the same thing. But that info/gossip is not coming directly from Kawhi Leonard or his advisors. #grainofsalt https://t.co/Zk3XhoulCe— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) July 3, 2019— ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported on “SportsCenter” that Leonard is in no rush to make a decision. He added that the choice is between the Clippers, Lakers and Raptors. “The timetable is Kawhi Leonard’s timetable.”—@wojespn on when Kawhi is expected to make his decision pic.twitter.com/k6qpMEhWDJ— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) July 4, 2019 As the speculation continues, we’ve rounded up the latest reports on what people are saying about Leonard.— ESPN’s Jalen Rose reported on Wednesday that he was “99 percent hearing” that Leonard would sign a two-year deal with Toronto:”What I’m 99% hearing is that Kawhi Leonard will be returning to Toronto …”—@JalenRose pic.twitter.com/wkWwElEDyx— Get Up (@GetUpESPN) July 3, 2019NBA FREE AGENCY WINNERS AND LOSERS:Nets rise, Knicks fall and Lakers wait on Kawhi Leonard— Later on Wednesday, The Athletic’s Jabari Young disputed Rose’s report of a two-year deal.On the Kawhi front, told he’s not making a decision tonight and it may not be until the next few days. He and his reps are going through the process and taking their time before deciding the next move. No 2-year deals have been discussed. #NBA @TheAthleticNBA— Jabari Young (@JabariJYoung) July 4, 2019— On Thursday, FS1’s Cris Carter tweeted that Leonard will not be announcing his decision on July 4th.
-This is football. It costs us and it costs everyone. Opposites close. They were motivated and it cost us to arrive with danger. But it is a matter of wear.-What body is left?– It leaves us bad because we wanted to add the three points. It seems you lose the points. We have made a game to try to win it, but we are left with ten …How do you see the Super Cup, how do you get it?Everything is matched and we will see how it goes to the Super Cup. We will go four strong teams and see what can happen.-Suárez and Vidal, keys.-We were playing very academics in the first half. We needed to revolutionize the game. It’s what it seemed to me and gives us that point of arrival-The first lap is over. Barça is the leader but arrives matched to the second round.-It’s all even. I think it costs to win and score points. It costs us and our rivals. The normal thing is that the leagues are disputed. You always look back and see that you have lost points but you have to fight and try to win it. Ernesto Valverde, coach of Barcelona, spoke at the end of the match. These were his opinions. -Another match that can be traced, but then tied.-We have traced several matches and in some it has gone well but in others we have not been able to maintain the difference. The expulsion of De Jong has hurt us. We had the 1-3, it has been like that. And in one play they made us the goal. We had the game under control and after having overcome we were fine and eager to continue scoring. It has displaced us a little (the expulsion) and the opposite when it goes ahead.Why does it cost them so much?
Japan’s Masataka Taniguchi and Vic Saludar of Philippines (R) fight during their WBO minimum weight boxing title bout in Tokyo on February 26, 2019. (Photo by JIJI PRESS / JIJI PRESS / AFP) / Japan OUTMANILA, Philippines—Vic Saludar retained his WBO World minimumweight title after dominating Japan’s Masataka Taniguchi to get the unanimous decision win Tuesday at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo.The Filipino champion earned all three of judges’ nods 118-110, 117-111, 117-111 in his first defense of the title that he won in July of 2018 also in Japan against Ryuya Yamanaka.ADVERTISEMENT Eugenie Bouchard’s bid for Australian Open spot ends in qualifying Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparc Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Tom Brady most dominant player in AFC championship history LATEST STORIES Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award “I’m very happy, everything went to plan,” said Saludar via BoxingScene.com. “I knew I had to aim for the body. I never felt in danger.”Saludar, who is one of the five Filipino World champions that include Manny Pacquiao, Nonito Donaire, Jerwin Ancajas, and Donnie Nietes, improved to a 19-3 record with 10 knockouts.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissSPORTSCoronation night?SPORTSThirdy Ravena gets offers from Asia, Australian ball clubsThe 28-year-old orthodox fighter is also on a five-fight winning streak after his victory against Taniguchi.Taniguchi, who’s three years Saludar’s junior, dropped to 11-3. Rogue cops marked as Gamboa’s targets in his appointment as PNP chief ONE Championship visits Los Angeles, considers global future Japeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for Ginebra MOST READ Read Next View comments Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines?
The leadership of the University of Liberia (UL) graduate school comprising, the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and those from the Masters of Public Administration (MPA), in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, over the weekend led a team of ‘fighters’ whose concerted efforts are aimed at kicking the Ebola virus disease (EVD) completely out of Grand Cape Mount County (GCMC) and the rest of Liberia.Communities the UL graduate school leadership toured are in Kenema, Tewor District in Grand Cape Mount County, Western Liberia where they also distributed anti-Ebola materials, such as hand-sensitizers, buckets for regular hand washing and nutritional food for those previously afflicted by the disease and other members of the district.The leadership, which was headed by its president Varney Fahnbulleh, and assisted by the vice president, Alomeza Ennos, and the secretary-general, G. Sylvester Nunner, also created awareness in those communities aimed at avoiding the further spread of the deadly virus.Items distributed worth over US$5000, the president confirmed when he spoke exclusively to the Daily Observer shortly after they returned from the Cape Mount tour.Apart from materials distributed and awareness, the UL graduate leadership also educated the inhabitants about safe-burial methods in the wake of the outbreak and informed the communities of how to do proper contact tracing of suspected persons carrying the Ebola virus.According to Mr. Fahnbulleh, the exercise is aimed at putting an end to any new outbreak in any part of the country, “because, we intend to carry out similar awareness and distribution in Buchanan, Grand Bassa and River Cess Counties in the coming weeks.”Meanwhile, the Kennema Town Chief, Sensee Freeman, alolng with a team of elders, commended the UL graduate school leadership for the thinking about their district in this critical time of country’s health situation.He then promised to take advantage of the awareness messages and as well distribute items they received to the most ‘vulnerable’ family members in the district.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Forty-one-year-old Shizam Mohan of Cummings Lodge, East Coast Demerara was on Friday arraigned before Georgetown Magistrate Judy Latchman on three fraud charges.The accused, a father of two, denied that on May 30, 2018, while on the Soesdyke-Linden Highway, he, being solely entrusted by Pashon Bharat with the sum of $310,000 for the purpose of drilling a water well at Long Creek, fraudulently converted the money to his own use and benefit.He also denied the allegation that between May 20 and 24, 2018, at Orange Walk, Georgetown, while being solely entrusted by Omwati Bharat with the sum of $110,000 for the purpose of drilling a well at Long Creek, he fraudulently converted the money to his own use and benefit.And then he denied the allegation that on the same day, he was also given $10,000 by John Bharat for the purpose of drilling a well at Long Creek, but fraudulently converted the money to his own use and benefit.He was placed on $300,000 bail, and the case was adjourned to September 7.
A woman, who allegedly stole from her employer, was charged and granted bail on Wednesday when she appeared at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.Thirty-eight-year-old Ivana Cummings appeared before Magistrate Leron Daly and denied the charge which stated that between the May and July 2019, she stole $287,000 from Hope Nester.Ivana CummingsMagistrate Daly released the woman on $50,000 bail. As a condition for bail, she was instructed to report at the Brickdam Police Station every Monday until the completion of the matter.The matter was adjourned for September 25.
1 Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery celebrates scoring against Eintracht Frankfurt Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich only managed a 1-0 victory over basement battlers Eintracht Frankfurt – but what a goal it was from Franck Ribery.In only his 11th appearance of the season due to injury, the Frenchman stunned the Allianz Arena after just 20 minutes by producing one of the strikes of the season.Liverpool target Mario Gotze had seen a shot saved by goalkeeper Lukas Hradecky but, unfortunately for the Finnish star, the ball found Ribery on the edge of the area and he jumped into the air before slamming a bicycle kick over his opponent and into the net.You can see Franck Ribery’s incredible goal for Bayern Munich against Eintracht Frankfurt below…